Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Dead Stu Scroles

"Cor lummy Guvnor"....."can you adam and eve it?" Up the "apples and pears"...down the old kent road" Pearly kings and Queens and other such cockney BOLLOX!

I am back! Seems like I have been away for ages. Have I have been under a spell or befudlement of some sort from Sauruman the Ginger? No I have just been so busy with Kayla that I constantly pass my self returning as I leave the flat!

Today I found a hand written blog from sometime ago here it is.....................

Wow! it's the 3/3/06!!!!....................... where has my life gone?
No!, No! dont "freak" I'm not doing a Frank Sinatra kind of trip!!!! In fact I have never "done it my way"....more's the pity Doh!

Its just the last days where have they gone?

Let's bring up a few statistics .......Last Blog update 24/2/06............... time since last blog 7 days!..............Last time Kayla was pain free?????..............about 1824ish!!!!............. Last time I had a peaceful easy life including sleep????...............1823ish! When was the last time I ate, drank and made merry?????? Now I bloody know that one!!!!! 20:26 2/3/06 "Corned-Beef-Hash" and a bottle of red................thanks Tesco Metro!!!!

I wrote this blog free-hand.......... (yep the old fashioned stylie.....with a quill, ink, baggy white shirt, pantaloons and pointy shoes!) Today was a very productive day at the RM.
So dear reader once again may I ask you to strap in an and get a quick taster of our Roller-coaster life" right now.............

RECAP

Kayla after only a remission of barley 3 months developed a very very aggressive re-occurrence. The pain very acute and 24/7 was horrific for Kayla and just as horrific for the family to see. The pain increased at an rate that would make a pain blind person weep in agony. She had surgery on the 22nd (15 hours in theatre with 15 litres of of blood loss!!) She recovered very quickly and then suddenly and without warning became very very ill. This decline meant over a week long stay in the CCU (Critical Care Unit), today she moved into the Wiltshaw ward.

RECAP......ENDS

During Kayla's stay in the CCU my admiration and awe for the RM's facilities,capabilities and management have only increased. The environment, equipment, clinical excellence was amazing. Above all, the professionalism, team-spirit and just the heart felt compassion that every member of the CCU team gives blew me away......... it was 100% 24/7!
You guys are a credit to your profession!!!!!!!!!!

Entering the CCU at 2am on the 23rd fearing for my darkling wife was somewhat traumatic to say the least!!!! (I will not use actual staff names as this is the WWW and I respect your privacy, but the following is my take on how I was supported during possibly the most traumatic moment of my life.

Initially I was given a room to wait in. I was gently awoken and told that Kayla was back from theatre and I could now go and see her. As I said earlier she was no oil painting. Pale!!! she was paler than a very pale person that was feeling a little peaky. Pale she looked as if someone had crept into her room and stolen everyone of her freckles!!!!!!

To the nurse who looked after my wife on that first nice from theatre I want to say "THANK YOU!" Even though Kayla cannot remember you, you will be with me in my warmest thoughts, forever.......... P.S and you have cool dreads!

I was a mess. So, in addition to the care my wife was getting, the care that I also received in my shocked state was fantastic. To the nurse who looked after me...... you made the right decision. It would have been silly for me to venture home in my state, that late at night, so you sorted me out a bed, a book and a cup of tea. You even gave me a slice of toast in the morning!!!! I was at an all time low that evening and you helped me through it, thanks a million.................. P.S you have a cool pair of glasses!

The initial shock over now began Kayla's road to recovery. During the next few days we got to know the staff and the poor staff got my wife! The local Cockney's (although there arn't a lot of em in South Kensington) call them "trouble and strife" and in Kayla's case lots of trouble and lots of strife! You guys always sorted out her problems.......no not the pain......nope not nausea......no not anguish...........her main cause for concern was the water just was not watery enough! and the ice was never icey enough! Well done guys you were great!

To all of you in the CCU on behalf of Kayla, my family and I can we pass on our warmest regards and BIGGY DA RESPECT!

You know who you are ...Girls ....Boys...Tall....short......dreads.......spec wearers ......old.....new.......High Wycombites....... and not to mention our Antipodean Cousins the Ausies and Kiwi's.

Big applause and we love each and every one of ya!

This is Stu over but not out....................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home