Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Life is a Rollercoaster.......(and we wanna get off!)

"Let the good times roll!" as the song says and roll they have been....kind of. You will see just what kind of life we lead at the moment when I describe what we class as a the "good times rolling".

Good Time No 1: Kayla has eaten something other than Malted Milk Biscuits or Mang0! Yes! she ate half a piece of fillet steak (cooked to perfection if I may say so!) One roast potato and some spring greens with gravy. She also ate some "Pot Roast" We are lucky, we have a live in Chef who is absolutely fantastic... all of our friends and family will agree....that I am GREAT!

Good Time No2: Kayla has been coming down stairs to gaze with admiration and the beautiful fishtank that has appeared in our lounge and watch the myriad of it's colourful inhabitants. We are lucky we have a live in aquatic expert..... MJ and DD think I am GREAT!

Good Time No3: With all the bathing Kayla has been undertaking (honestly up to 10 a day!) she has finally been awarded her 25 Metre badge! We are lucky, we have a life in Lifeguard but enough said about that phot in the previous episode.

So why is this post named "Life's a Rollercoaster......."and not "Everything is Rosey and Fluffy"?

Coz it's TRUE! .............Life is a Rollercoaster!

Just as things are on the up you suddenly get to the top, the peak, the crest, and then waving your hands above your head you plummet downwards at a most terrifying speed, screaming all the way. Kayla had a very good day yesterday, we almost ventured outside. We had a wonderful night cuddled up watching Sky (which is now available in our bedroom....we are lucky, we have a fantastic technician...blaa! blaa! blaa!)

Suddenly and without warning at 4am, she blew, Kayla was violently sick. OMG I have seen some serious sick action in my time! I have a medal for valour in the face of enemy vomit! I got a VC for that (Vomit Cleaning) I have seen my fair share of regurgitated carrot. I have been in the thick of it (figuratively speaking of course!) This was projectile at its most brutal. Kayla was grey and hardly able to come up for air. It was horrible I was helpless, I really felt for her. I was expecting her head to start spinning and demonic voices to follow the stomach contents. I didn't know what to do! Should I phone a Doctor, the Iain Rennie Nurses, Father Dominic the exorcist, it was dreadful. In the end I rubbed her back and gave her sips of water. She was much better by 6:30am and fast asleep by 8:00am. Once again her guts (the contents of which I am now very familiar with!) courage and grit blew me away. If myself, or any other guy had been that ill, we would be off work for a week. Big respect to Kayla.

We are counting the seconds until we can step off this damn Rollercoaster and take a slow stroll down wonderful boring, normality street, leaving lifes little extreme rides behind us forever.



P.S Kayla has asked me to explain why there are soooooo many spelling mistakes......it's not coz the spellchecker is American, no............ it's coz I am CRAP!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home